Skip to main content

Joe & Seph's Gourmet popcorn Advent Calendar

 


BeautyTies have heard about Joe & Seph's products throughout the year. Intrigued by this, we thought we would try their products by getting their Gourmet Popcorn advent calendar. Popcorn is just popcorn, isn't it? Wrong. This company are winners of 67 great taste awards! Well our family enjoyed opening the doors and tasting the unique flavours. They also have over 50 flavours so we will put the links to their social media at the end of this because we are sure you will love it!  So here at BeautyTies HQ -we give you the Joe & Seph's advent calendar for 2020. 


   


Julia and I loved the opening of the front. We thought this was reminiscent of going into an old sweetshop. On the left is the story of Joe & Seph's journey. we thought this was a nice touch to the advent as we didn't know much about the company. Our blog shows other people's journeys in how they got started and it was lovely to read more about Joe & Seph's. 


  The doors on the advent calendar are filled with popcorn packets. Each filled with an abundance of flavour and happiness. Like magic, the slim doors were filled with wonderful flavours.
            

Joe & Seph's salted caramel is legendary. They also supply 'Want The Fudge' (Formerly known as What The Fudge) their salted caramel for their products. (Read our interview with Want The Fudge on this blog) This popcorn made our tastebuds dance. The unique way they pop the popcorn means the kernals are puffier. This salted caramel one gives you the hit of caramel with the hint of salt that follows, It almost melts in the mouth and makes us crave more. 


Collette: "It's incredible how the different flavours come out. I need to track down a load of these and hibernate in December haha!"
 Julia " I feel like i'm in Willy Wonka's factory. Wow!"
Collette "I need these in my life forever."
Julia "Same. We need to track these down."
Collette "I concur..let's put it on our happy list for winter."
Julia " Yes! Next door..."
Collette "Oh my goodness..Woah."
Julia " This chocolate is amazing. It tastes like they have used good Belgian chocolate. It makes it more special than generic chocolate. It makes it feel more luxurious.” 
Collette "Yes, it does. It goes beyond the normal cooking chocolate to improve the taste.”
Julia "I think we need to get one each of these advents for next year."
Collette "Um...I don't think these would last all month haha! You need to get more supplies so we don't eat them all."
Julia "I'm actually okay with that idea."
Collette "In the words of Ariana Grande - Thank you , Next."


 Collette " Now this is an interesting flavour I wouldn't choose to purchase this flavour.” 
Julia " Really? You love cinnamon and custard,"
Collette "Yes but I find flavoured things difficult to replicate. I've never tasted this combination before. Unsure how i'm going to like this.."
Julia "Love it!"
Collette "Oh my gosh..how have they done this? Seriously...That's unbelievable how it tastes just like it. Heston Blumenthal eat your heart out."
Julia "Who?"
Collette "Nevermind. I will show you once we finish reviewing  this."
Julia " Okay. I get to open the next one."





Julia “I love this flavour’”
Collette “How do they get these flavour combinations? It melts on the tongue then I love the hit of caramel.”
Julia “That’s so delicious. This is my favourite.” 
Collette “I think this company has so many flavours it’s hard to pick just one favourite. Wow.” 
Julia “I really like how the chocolate melts but the caramel isn’t overly sweet. It balances the taste. I need more” *takes another few from the bag*



Collette “Oh this is so nice! I love brandy butter on Christmas pudding. This isn’t too overpowering either. “
Julia “ This tastes like I need a Christmas pudding popcorn to go with it haha!”
Collette “That would be nice actually.”





Collette “This is incredible. It’s a like eating a hug.”
Julia “Haha! Mmm it’s so delicious. “
Collette “ It’s a nice gingerbread flavour. It’s not like eating ginger but an actual gingerbread man and my brain is confused haha!” 
  Julia “This is so nice and tastes just like gingerbread. It’s a cosy winter flavour. Love it.” 


 
Julia “This is so good!”
Collette “ Isn’t it? It’s not my favourite so you can have this packet haha!”
Julia “Awesome. We will see what’s in the next door.” 



Collette “ Oh this is a unique flavour. Wow. This would be amazing at the start of Autumn.”
Julia “ These are lovely. Yes, we need a bag of these then eat them after a woodland walk.” 
Collette “That’s  what I thought. This is lovely.”



 Collette “ Toffee Apple and cinnamon is so nice.”
Julia “ How do they get the flavours exactly like they are meant to be? They are Willy Wonka. I’m so excited about this company.”
Collette “How cute would these be as stocking fillers?”
Julia “Just give me a Joe & Seph’s advent calendar for Christmas and I will be happy haha!”



Collette “I’ve never heard of this before.”
Julia “Google said it’s a cookie.”
Collette “The flavour is like eating a cookie but it’s not my favourite flavour.”
Julia “I’m so happy you don’t like it!”
Collette “Why?”
Julia “Because I get the bag! Ha!”

 

Collette “Dad will like this flavour.”
Julia “I will too. Actually, dad won’t like this -so I will need to eat it for him.”
Collette “Haha! Okay. I’m fussy about stuff as I’ve got older. I will let you have this bag. This advent is a brilliant idea for people who want to sample the different flavours that Joe & Seph’s sell. The bags are a good size too for a snack.” 
Julia “ They are. I can have them for when I travel between work and home.”


Collette “This combination is incredible. So delicious.”
Julia “ it really is! I’d buy a bag of these from their store”
Collette “The quality of chocolate is delicious.”
Julia “It is. Sometimes companies use cheaper chocolate and it isn’t worth buying again. This is a real treat. Worth paying more just for the taste experience.”
Collette “Absolutely! It’s such an exciting mix”


 Collette “ I think this advent calendar is worth a purchase. The popcorn is unlike anything I’ve tasted before. They are puffier, which is different to the way popcorn is usually made.”
Julia “They have created something very tasty. So many delicious flavours too.”
Collette “ It’s a nice change, instead of having a chocolate advent calendar.”
 Julia “It is. This feels like you getting a treat. It takes a while to eat.”
Collette “Em, that could be down to the fact we just opened 24 bags of them!”
Julia “True! I’d happily get this one next year.”
Collette “Instead of a beauty advent calendar?”
Julia “As well as. Everything in moderation.” 
Collette “That could work. Let’s see what happens next year in 2021. I think everyone deserves to try this advent calendar this year. Some treats after the weirdest year!” 

Beauty Ties hasn’t shown all the flavours inside the calendar and some of the packets have been repeated in the advent too, which is great if you like a particular flavour. This advent was purchased from Very online. This advent cost £24.99. Due to it being  Joe & Seph’s 10 Year Birthday, they have offers on their website now! They also do a Vegan version of this advent calendar. 


  Joe & Seph’s website:  
https://www.joeandsephs.co.uk/      

 

Joe & Seph’s Twitter page: https://twitter.com/joeandseph?s=21





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Haunting Memoir: Part one

 My story starts when I was a young child. I was born in Scotland but moved down to Somerset as a child. I loved it so much. I loved the flowers and the conkers I’d collect on the way to school. I remember all the frogs in my garden and how I'd name them. I moved twice down in England. The houses were always large and I’d get the rooms mixed up, trying to remember where to turn to find my bedroom. I would visit London where my relatives stayed. I loved the vibe of London. One visit to my Nans, we walked down to Church Street market and seeing so many interesting people. The one man with dreadlocks holding a large ghetto blaster on his shoulder playing Bob Marley passed me. I couldn’t get enough of the place. One stall had toys on it. I bought some wooden blocks and a handheld electronic mini piano. They were perfect mementos to remember my visit. When we returned to Scotland I unpacked and placed my electronic piano on my bedside table. It had colours on the notes and London Bridge

L’Oréal Revitalift

L’Oréal are an established company that have delivered quality beauty products for over a century . L’Oréal is a brand I can trust. I worked with L’Oréal by trying the Revitalift range of products over six months. This range offers more than the skincare I was using. I invite you to read more about Revitalift and my journey with this range. ~ Collette.      Revitalift is a range of products I had seen advertised and heard amazing feedback from others. I was thrilled when L’Oréal invited me to try these products over the lockdown months. I am in my 40’s and I struggled to find skincare that is effective. Lockdown has taken it’s toll on my skin. I have new wrinkles from tears and frustration like a lot of people. Firstly I tried their Revitalift Laser Renewal moisturiser. This was lovely and light on the skin. This moisturiser is the first moisturiser I used. It has a subtle colour to it that leaves a gorgeous glow on the skin. Revitalift Laser Renew is light on the skin. It gives skin a

Beauty Ties creator: Collette

  Hello BeauTies, I have always loved art from an early age. Taking photographs and drawing or painting. I have designed two wedding dresses for friends who got them made up. I've adored beauty products since I had my Victoria Plum nail polish and lip balm from Avon as a child. I love beauty products and how they make me feel. The colours and scents. I get so much joy from trying new products and photographing them. I skipped the afternoon one day at school and ended up in a movie. That was unexpected and it fuelled my passion for creativity and how things are made. It was an experience I will never forget. My name was taken by someone in the crew to go in the credits but when I saw the movie I was not on the credits, sadly. I will never forget the joy I got from being in it. Long days from early mornings and late finishes. The photo from the press shoot hangs in my hallway. Julia urged me to hang it up rather than feel ashamed of it. So it’s hanging up in my home for the first tim