Skip to main content

BeautyTies Interview: Rachel Lorin

       




Rachel Lorin is the epitome of a woman who has it all. Her Instagram boasts 60k followers and her music is a mix of rock and pop. Rachel sang the national anthem at the US Open at just 12 years old and has also done modelling. Rachel took time out of her busy schedule to talk to BeautyTies.


Welcome to the BeautyTies blog Rachel. How are you feeling today?

Hi! I’m feeling really good :) lots of exciting things going on that I’m looking forward to. Thank you so much for having me. 


What age did you realise you wanted to be a singer? 

I would say I was the loudest baby in the hospital when I was born haha but I started singing around the age of 9 in a chorus along with modeling and acting. Professionally, I started singing at the age of 13 and put everything else on pause with the acceptance and support of my parents. 


Bad Dreams is an incredible song. Is it based on an encounter you had? It’s relatable. 

Thank you very much. Yes it is based on true events in a very scary and abusive relationship I found myself caught in. Some of it is of course exaggerated but yes, that relationship was a traumatic nightmare and I’m happy to be alive and still here to talk about it. 


The video for Bad Dreams was like watching a  horror movie. Who came up with the idea for the video? 

My favorite and pretty much the only team I work with. Ryan Sadler from RAW Cinema and Brad Rundblade from YellowVanGogh productions helped me create the short horror film that turned into Bad Dreams. 


You have shared the stage with some of the most iconic music artists at Bush's Gavin Rossdale + Tyler Bates, Frank Zummo, Jesse Hughes and Otto. What’s your dream gig ? 

I would give anything to share the stage or record with Muse, 30 Seconds to Mars, Mäneskin, Adam Lambert or Bebe Rexha

 


Kerosene is a very empowering song. Do you think it’s important to have strong female messages in your songs? You sing with such conviction. 

Thank you so much. I, being a woman, feel it necessary to sing about the power we have. Strong women make other women feel strong. We should lift each other up, not tear each other down. I love being a woman and sharing my femininity and encourage other girls to share in that confidence. 


You always look so flawless on stage and on Instagram. Talk us through your beauty routine. Haha awww how I WISH I was flawless. I do have many beauty routines I do stick to. When it comes to my face I use a high frequency wand 3 times a week, I use Glow Recipe products for my face - the toner, the hyaluronic acid, the moisturizers all of it lol. When it comes to body care I only use Truly products. Literally every one of their products is cruelty free and vegan and ACTUALLY works. If you want to try it - my discount code is RACHELL15. Other than that, I just try to be healthy and all in moderation.  


What perfume do you wear?

Used to wear Chanel and Boucheron a LOT.. But decided to change it up when I was in France. Just started wearing ‘Angels Share’ by Kilian

Photo : Jen Rosenstein

What products can’t you leave your home without? 

Need my makeup forever HD stick for on the go coverage, Laura Mercier translucent powder and my grande cosmetics lipgloss and maybe some mascara :) 

What  music are you currently listening to?

Currently on a Maroon 5 kick. I don’t know why but I dove into all their old music and it’s awesome actually. Also been loving the new Fall Out Boy and 30 Seconds to Mars stuff. Also been listening to Nessa Barrett, Miley Cyrus and Muse and some ODESZA and Rüfüs du Sol for my workouts. 

What are your plans for 2023? Your last album Self-Preservation in 2022 was such a great mix of songs 

I have a LOT of plans. I have a brand new album ready to go and I’m debating on how and what order I want to release it in, if I want to release all singles or just a few singles then the album. Also been working with other new artists like 0vrtone and Call Me Karizma to add to my list of awesome people I’ve been honored to work with. Basically, music music and music. 

What  is your selfcare plan to relax?

I’m a big fan of baths. That is a big relaxation, self care mode for me. I’ll blast whatever music I feel like and just chill. I also love walking my dog or working out, it helps release stress and extra energy. I’m a huge fan of saunas and steam rooms and will frequently do that when I can, as well. 


You list a lot of charities on your website. Do you think it’s important to give back?

I think it is extremely important to give back when and where you can. So many people struggle in this world with things we don’t know about or understand and need help, research, whatever it may be. I and my family have always believed in karma and being good and giving people. You’ll never regret helping. Being kind takes no effort and giving is a rewarding feeling. 

You have the most adorable dogs on Instagram. How did you decide what breed you wanted? I’d take them all! 

Haha thank you. They are my pride and joy. 2 of them are Pomeranians named Angel and Wolfgang and the other is a Pomsky named Penelope. I don’t think I decided, it’s more like they decided I was the breed they wanted haha they’re pretty much flawless in my eyes. I’m an animal lover all the way. 

Do you have any messages for your fans? 

Firstly wanna say thank you to BeautyTies for having me. I wanna thank my friends and fans and those that have been there listening and streaming and buying my music. Thank you for believing in me and my journey and all I’ve gone through to get here. I’m still going and I’m still working and it’s because of you guys. From the bottom of my heart, you’ll never know how much each and every one of you mean to me. I love you all. Feel free to message me on instagram or twitter or Facebook or wherever, I’ll always try to be there if you ever need an ear xoxo 

Rachel 

Rachel Lorin  social media:

Rachel Lorin Instagram

Rachel Lorin Twitter

Rachel Lorin Website


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Haunting Memoir: Part one

 My story starts when I was a young child. I was born in Scotland but moved down to Somerset as a child. I loved it so much. I loved the flowers and the conkers I’d collect on the way to school. I remember all the frogs in my garden and how I'd name them. I moved twice down in England. The houses were always large and I’d get the rooms mixed up, trying to remember where to turn to find my bedroom. I would visit London where my relatives stayed. I loved the vibe of London. One visit to my Nans, we walked down to Church Street market and seeing so many interesting people. The one man with dreadlocks holding a large ghetto blaster on his shoulder playing Bob Marley passed me. I couldn’t get enough of the place. One stall had toys on it. I bought some wooden blocks and a handheld electronic mini piano. They were perfect mementos to remember my visit. When we returned to Scotland I unpacked and placed my electronic piano on my bedside table. It had colours on the notes and London Bridge

L’Oréal Revitalift

L’Oréal are an established company that have delivered quality beauty products for over a century . L’Oréal is a brand I can trust. I worked with L’Oréal by trying the Revitalift range of products over six months. This range offers more than the skincare I was using. I invite you to read more about Revitalift and my journey with this range. ~ Collette.      Revitalift is a range of products I had seen advertised and heard amazing feedback from others. I was thrilled when L’Oréal invited me to try these products over the lockdown months. I am in my 40’s and I struggled to find skincare that is effective. Lockdown has taken it’s toll on my skin. I have new wrinkles from tears and frustration like a lot of people. Firstly I tried their Revitalift Laser Renewal moisturiser. This was lovely and light on the skin. This moisturiser is the first moisturiser I used. It has a subtle colour to it that leaves a gorgeous glow on the skin. Revitalift Laser Renew is light on the skin. It gives skin a

Beauty Ties creator: Collette

  Hello BeauTies, I have always loved art from an early age. Taking photographs and drawing or painting. I have designed two wedding dresses for friends who got them made up. I've adored beauty products since I had my Victoria Plum nail polish and lip balm from Avon as a child. I love beauty products and how they make me feel. The colours and scents. I get so much joy from trying new products and photographing them. I skipped the afternoon one day at school and ended up in a movie. That was unexpected and it fuelled my passion for creativity and how things are made. It was an experience I will never forget. My name was taken by someone in the crew to go in the credits but when I saw the movie I was not on the credits, sadly. I will never forget the joy I got from being in it. Long days from early mornings and late finishes. The photo from the press shoot hangs in my hallway. Julia urged me to hang it up rather than feel ashamed of it. So it’s hanging up in my home for the first tim