Skip to main content

A Haunting Memoir: Part Three

 

                                FIFE


I moved back to Fife into my friend Lana's house that she was moving out from. It was a large home and had a beautiful garden. It was perfect for Julia to start school. Things were calm and I started working for SKY. I was on 10am until 10pm shift Saturday to Monday. It was great money and I got a pay rise within the first year. It meant I got full time wage but had most of the week off to spend with Julia. This was the start of a better life in a better place. The home was also occupied by the largest spiders I’ve ever seen. Lana did warn me, but I was just grateful I had a lovely roof over our heads. Julia was loving primary school. Things went quiet for a year. Normality returned, and I was grateful. One night I was on the phone to a friend in my bedroom, catching up. 

  BANG 

Something hit the top of my bedroom door with such a force that I jumped.

“What was that?” My friend asked on the phone. 

“Something hit the top of my door!” 

“Check on Julia.” my friend urged.

“I’m just doing it now. I need to go.”

“Call me later to let me know everything's fine.” My friend asked.

I hung up and I grabbed a golf club I kept in my room. Julia would sometimes play golf in the garden. I got her a real golf club from a friend who played it. I opened the door and looked at the hallway in darkness. My heart pounding. I looked at the door expecting a dent of some kind. The door looked untouched. I walked down the hallway towards Julia's room, turning the light on. I caught the shadow of a person walking up the stairs on the wall. I quickly went into Julia’s room and shut the door turning her light on. I took the chair from her desk and placed it behind the door handle. Julia woke up asking what I was doing. 

I told her I was checking on her. I read her a book and half an hour passed. I didn’t want to scare her so had to act calm. It was incredibly hard being a single parent. Having to be strong when inside I wished I had a man to turn to and protect us. I got up from Julia's bed and walked to the door moving the chair away from it. I opened the door and I checked the spare room and upstairs. Nothing was out of place. I had to be brave and check downstairs. Both the front and back door were locked, and the windows were closed. Nothing. I never had anything else happen, thankfully. Six months passed again with zero activity. 

I moved into a technical team which I absolutely loved at SKY. I was put with a man called Gordon who shadowed me. I was taught about the various televisions and how they are made and I found it all incredibly fascinating. It was easily the best workplace I’ve been in. Gordon began giving me lifts to and from work. Over time we began dating. Something about Gordon made me feel so safe. I’ve never felt that before. He was extremely intelligent and kind. I eventually moved in with him and Julia had a large room to herself. There was no activity for a really long time. Gordon proposed to me one night . He was the most incredible man I’ve ever met. I accepted and it felt like my heart was going to burst. He asked me to move into his house. Julia was excited when I told her. 

At work one day I entered the team and put down my cup of coconut skinny latte and my work bag. Everyone was lovely and they greeted me. A girl was finishing up from her shift and the trainer was talking to me as I logged onto the computer. Suddenly the screen went black. Odd. The trainer was puzzled looking over my shoulder. He directed me to a computer behind me. I took my headset out of my bag and then it went black. 

“What on earth? It’s happened again.” I unplugged my headset. 

I looked at the trainer looking for answers. He checked the connections at the computer. He was baffled. He asked my other colleagues if they had any issues, which they didn’t. The other computers were full. I read the latest newsletter to pass time until we moved to the other side of the west wing during the shift. Gordon found it rather amusing. 

“I’ve never seen anything like that before.” Gordon smiled. He walked with me carrying his coffee and work folder. We arrived at the other other part of the West wing and the team that was there, finished up. 

  The trainer stood watching everyone at the computers looking at the screens intently. Once they finished up he approached a lady and asked if she had any issues using it. She confirmed she hadn’t and he told me to sit down. I sat down and took my head set out the bag and the screen turned black but  the words on the screen had letters missing. 

“No way!” He looked at me shocked.

“I’m phoning down to I.T.” He borrowed someone’s headset and dialled a number.

Gordon looked surprised and smirked. 

“Are you guys playing a prank? Every computer she sits at stops working!” 

I felt awkward. I looked at everyone else working hard and I couldn’t even log on.

The trainer came back to me. 

“Come on, we need to go for a cuppa. I.T are looking into it but there’s no issues that they can see.” 

  I walked him to the restaurant. He looked at me with a nervous and confused expression.

“Has this ever happened to you before?”

“Ha -you have no idea!” I said turning my head to him. 

“Are you a witch? I’ve worked here for years and never seen anything like this before.” 

“I’m not a witch. I promise.” I winked then then twitched my nose like Samantha from Bewitched. 

His eyes went wide.

Crap. That didn’t mean to scare him. I raised a smile on the left side of my face so he couldn’t see. The last thing I need is to freak people out. 

An hour had passed in total from me not being able to log on and returning from my tea break. I sat at the computer and the computer worked perfectly. Finally! 

I was so eager to get to work.

 Gordon drove me home. He found it amusing and said he worked there for over ten years and has never seen that happen. Thankfully it didn’t scare him. He accepted the freaky incident. There were no other incidents since. I moved into his house with Julia. It was safe and lovely to have a man around to protect us. One weekend when Julia was off school, the movie Alvin and The Chipmunks was released. They had a website where you you dress Alvin and type in whatever you want and Alvin would say it. It was cute so I set Julia’s laptop up on the opposite side of the room. She sat on one sofa and I sat on the other. We played on our laptops making each other laugh. Gordon sat at his computer the far side of the room. I typed something in for Alvin to say when it came up on Julia's laptop.

“What on earth? I didn’t type that!” Julia said looking up puzzled.

I looked at her and Gordon.

“I know…I typed it on mine.”

My throat went dry. I tried to swallow. 

“How? That’s impossible.” Gordon said getting up to come over to see my screen.

I showed him it. 

Julia looked in amazement.

“Don’t type anything else Julia. I want to see if it does it again.” I lowered head my head and typed.

“Hello Julia how are you?” Alvin the Chipmunk said on Julia’s laptop.

“That should be impossible.” Gordon was trying to figure out how it did that.

I asked Julia to type something into the laptop and what she typed in Alvin repeated on her laptop. 

 It freaked me out. I closed my laptop. I didn’t want more creepy things to happen. 

A few months later a new neighbour moved into the street with her young daughter. Aileen reminded me of myself. A young mother wanting to do the best she could for her child. I knew it wasn’t easy. She was lovely and was studying at college. I couldn’t ask for a more lovely neighbour. 

Thing with Gordon was special and Julia adored having him in her life. He would help her with  mathematics which was my weak point. 

I kept wondering about everything that had happened in my life that was paranormal. I looked online and I remembered what Lorraine Warren told me. Only faith will protect you. Things didn’t stop happening, albeit there were long gaps in between incidents.

I looked out of the large window in the lounge. It overlooked a grand Catholic Church. I typed into the search engine the name of it. I got the email and told them the strange incidents since I was a child. I told them about how I feel asleep holding my Nans rosary beads and how they lit up on Christmas morning. I expected them to want to ask more and hopefully meet with me. I felt some relief. However I waited and checked my emails every day. The church never replied. I felt abandoned. If the church wasn’t interested in what happened, maybe there wasn’t a God after all? Surely all the incidents prove there was more to life than what we see? The book that flew across the room hitting my ex, causing him to run out the apartment. He never laid a finger on me again. If that wasn’t an Angel…what was it? 

I decided to research Vampires in the U.K The repeated footstep on my home growing up and the book I got from the library in Edinburgh about the vampire attack with a photograph of the ring that the priest took from the alleged vampire. The Highgate Vampire came up in the search. I contacted David Farrant and we got talking about vampires and the paranormal. He was such a kind man and wanted to help me. He asked for a photo to see if he could detect anything. I wrote a letter to him and he returned it a couple of weeks later saying he didn't detect anything menacing. That was a relief. 

  Weeks passed and I felt deflated. I found a book on Catholicism: Questions and answers. I settled into bed and stopped reading as my eyes got heavier. I thought if they weren’t bothered with me, why should I be interested in a religion that’s supposed to care and guide us -yet abandon me when I am asking for help? The following week came upon us quickly. Gordon and I arranged to be married. I fell pregnant and Gordon was looking after me, making sure everything would run smoothly. One night I had the strangest dream. I was floating in darkness. I couldn’t control where I was floating to but the darkness was the blackest black. A stool was in front of me and I was going towards it. There was a phone on it and it was ringing. I picked the receiver up and suddenly I was standing in front of my Nan from London who passed away a couple of years before. We put the phones down. My Nan started talking to me. I was in a hallway. The lounge was to the right and there were flowers that were so spectacular outside the window. Like a flower within a flower.

“Hang up! You shouldn’t be talking to her.” A man said standing behind my nan.

I looked at him in a suit. He had sunglasses on. 

“She’s my granddaughter! I can talk to her if I like!” my Nan snapped.

I spoke to her, but the man behind her became more agitated.

“Hang up! He’s coming. You are going to be in trouble.”

My Nan ignored him and continued to tell me things about when my mum was younger. Suddenly it went black.

I was now being dragged backwards. The stool with the phone was getting smaller. 

I awoke and I had a tear running down my cheek. I felt overwhelmed by peace. 

It was now morning. The sun peeked through the curtains. I felt strange. I was lying on my back which is a physical impossibility since I had Julia and had the epidural in the wrong place. I realised I couldn’t feel my body. 

Gordon stirred next to me.

“Have you sprayed perfume?” He asked sleepily.

“No?… I had the weirdest dream.” 

I noticed a strong scent of roses. It wasn’t sickly sweet, more a calming scent almost like incense.

Gordon was going downstairs to make me a cup of tea like he always did for me. I was so blessed. I got out of bed when I realised I couldn’t feel my body at all. No pain anywhere. I felt incredibly light, like I was floating. I couldn’t feel the floor when I walked into the lounge. I had the most beautiful sense of peace. I can’t explain what it was like. I’ve have had pain medication, meds to send me to sleep for my gall bladder to be removed yet nothing felt as overwhelming and peaceful as I felt when I woke up. Nothing duplicates that. I knew that we all have our own paths in life. Everyone’s outcome was up to themselves. Free will. I continued my day saw Julia off to school, and when Julia returned that day, she needed paper for a poster she had to design for homework. She asked if she could go into our room and use Gordon’s paper for his printer. She disappeared in her room and when she came out, she said

“Mmm your room smells of flowers!”

“Still?” I asked. I was surprised. I hadn’t been back into my room since I got changed that morning.

“I want my room so smell like flowers.” Julia said taking her paper to her room.

I didn’t even own room spray. Even if I did, I’ve never had anything that smells so beautiful as it did when I woke up.

 Gordon and I were married in November a few month afterwards. Julia was a bridesmaid and Gordon’s family were there looking lovely. Gordon’s niece was a bridesmaid along with my friend Lana’s daughter, Nicole. It’s so beautiful having the people I love, celebrating a day which meant so much. I didn’t think I was meant to be loved. This proves I am. 

     New year came and went and we brought in the new year 2007 knowing we would have our child in May. Unfortunately, the epidural in the wrong place when I had Julia, gave me complications with this birth. One day when Gordon was working I had the most excruciating pain in my tummy as I tried to walk. The pain was so overbearing I fell into the bed, clutching my tummy. The pain was going across my tummy from one side to the other. I’m losing my baby. 

  I cried in pain and picked my phone up desperately trying to get hold of Gordon. He rushed home from work and took me to hospital. They kept me in for a few days. 

“You have something called SPD. It’s where the pelvis comes apart during pregnancy. Unfortunately where the spinal injury was with your first daughters birth, you will need to see a physio.”

   It felt like my happiness was being taken away again. All I wanted was to hold my baby. To know it was safe. They didn’t tell me the sex of it as the baby kept moving so much. They couldn’t tell. Julia came to an ultrasound after that. The ultrasound looked like I was pregnant with an Ewok! Julia thought it was funny. I was under strict instructions to stay at home and not move as much. I had to sit with my feet up. I was given crutches to walk. I had to get a C-section booked again. I couldn’t get into a position to give birth as it was deemed too risky. Once I gave birth to a baby girl, we named her Natalie. 

    I struggled with walking afterwards which you can read about on previous posts. The two different floors were difficult for me to move around in. I knew the council could come out and help make adjustments inside the home if needed. They came out to do an assessment.

“You should put your name on the housing list. That way we can care for you and make adjustments if needed.” The occupational health visitor said.

   I didn’t want to go down that route. It was hard hitting to know my body didn’t repair itself or snap back like some Gynaecology magic trick. My spine was ruined permanently and my pelvis came apart. Gordon and I had to think about how serious this was. If he became ill, it was only his income coming in. I had to give work up due to my disability. I felt like I failed all of my family. Reluctantly, I applied for housing and we were given a lovely, smaller house the other side of town. 

     The new home had a primary school and a nursery just five minute walk away. The car park was a long walk away from the front door but it was better for us to raise our children there. We sold Gordon’s home and settled down. Years passed us by without anything happening. 

   One day I took off people from my Facebook that never interacted with me much. One was Aileen. A week later I had a vivid dream where I was walking through a place with cobbled streets and entered a flat. A girl was in the room decorating. A man grabbed my arm to left of me. The side of the room he stood at had large orange and yellow flowers. A sofa was there and it looked like it was made of tweed. 

“Tell Aileen it’s her turn to be looked after now. “

Puzzled I didn’t know who the man was but I told him I would.

“Tell her it’s her time to be looked after. Tell Aileen.” He repeated.

“I will tell her.” I look at the man with a thick head of hair. 

When I woke up, I felt like I had met him in reality. It was weird. I remembered his features. Another week passed me by then Aileen requested me on Facebook. I asked how she was, and how I had the strangest dream. I explained what the man looked like. The message he told me to pass on. 

  “Collette - go look on my page. You just described my dad. He died last week and I was given the only photo of us together when I was a toddler.”

I looked on her page. There was a photograph of the same man I saw. He was sitting on a tweed looking sofa and the wallpaper was yellow with orange flowers. Aileen was sitting next to him as a toddler. She was only given that photograph after he passed.

I was stunned. Her dad was an alcoholic and she never really saw him. He died a week after I took her off my page so she didn’t even have that photo then. 

After a while I just shut my Facebook down.   

When Natalie was four she was in her room which was a perfect size for her. It was pink and her cushions were sequined and fluffy. She was content and enjoying nursery too. One day at the weekend, I found an old DVD of the BBC programme Ghostwatch. I told Julia about it and she wanted to watch it too. Julia was now ten years of age and the same age as when I'd watched it. We lay on my bed whilst Natalie played in her room.

  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

“What’s happened?” I shouted as the adrenaline kicked in. I got off the bed with Julia and stood outside Natalie’s bedroom door.

  “Natalie let me in!” I turned the pink heart shaped doorknob but I couldn’t get in.

“Natalie open the door for mum!” Julia said

The door was solid. It wouldn’t even budge a little bit. Gordon came running upstairs at high speed. 

“The door won’t open. I think she may have accidentally jammed something against it.” I said to Gordon.

Gordon turned the knob and examined the door.

“The hinges have bent!” 

“What? How is that even possible?” I examined the hinges, not even thinking that was a possibility. The two middle parts were bent. I’ve never seen anything like that.

Gordon went down to fetch his hammer from his toolkit and told Natalie to stay away from the door. Natalie said she would and she would sit on the bed. Gordon hammered at the hinges. Eventually moving them back to the way it should be.

We opened the door and Natalie was sitting on the bed holding her toy giraffe from Toys R Us. 

“Why did you scream? Are you okay sweetie?” I said sitting next to her in the bed.

Natalie nodded she was okay and smiled.

“Why did you scream?” I asked.” We were so worried.”

“I can’t remember.” Natalie said. 

I stroked her hair and hugged her, grateful she was safe. 

“Don’t scare mummy like that again, baby.” My heart pounded. No parent wants to hear their child screaming. 

  We took her downstairs and watched Doc McStuffins on Disney. Completely unaware that when she was fourteen, she would be voice coached by Debi Derryberry, who voiced the characters from it. 

The home after that incident went calm again. So calm that I believed having a loving family would calm whatever was happening. Natalie grew up and would often talk about her make believe friend Penny who had long blonde hair. She was so convincing about Penny being her friend that she would come home with milk cartons and a biscuit that the nursery teacher gave Penny. Natalie soon started the primary school whilst Julia high school. Life was perfect and normal which is all I could wish for. We went on holidays to the beach and created lovely memories. Fast forward to 2015 and everything I thought was normal was about to unleash something that frightened us. Natalie got so tall she had to share a room with Julia. We redecorated the bedroom and now Julia was working part time, she was buying things she wanted. The walls were painted white and pictures of Little Mix and Ariana Grande hung on the walls.

    One Saturday when Gordon was working, I heard the girls talking with raised voices. I went through to my girls room. 

“Morning girls. You are talking so loudly.” I leaned against the wall as my back hurt.

“Mum, there were lights flying in our room last night!” Julia said 

“Yeah they were changing shape going from one side to the next.” Natalie told me.

 I dismissed it. Even though everything that happened to me in my life I didn’t believe in flying lights or orbs. 

“Okay. Did it look pretty?” I asked them.

“Yeah it made a circle shape then a triangle on the floor!” Julia said.

“ Strange. Where’s your light up wand you got from the Christmas market?” I asked Natalie

“That’s downstairs in the toy box!” Natalie explained.

I didn’t want to entertain the thought of flying lights. 

“I’m going downstairs. I need a cup of tea. Have you girls had breakfast?” I asked them.

“Not yet. We will come down now.” Julia replied. “I will make you a cup of tea mum.”

The girls came downstairs and I got in my stairlift the council had fitted and went down.

Natalie was excited as she had a birthday party at a garden centre the next day. She spoke about what she was going to wear. 

   Sunday arrived and I had money for a taxi to get us to the garden centre. Natalie had on a sparkly skirt and top. I took Julia to the lovely restaurant there, and we enjoyed lunch while Natalie partied. Julia talked to me about the lights and how she’s never seen anything like them before. When the party was finished Julia went and collected Natalie whilst I gathered my handbag and crutches. It was a lovely day and we were enjoying it. On the way out of the garden centre, we walked through the gift section. There was a fluffy soft Husky dog toy. Natalie stopped to pick it up. She hugged it.

“Would you like it?” I asked her, smiling.

Natalie’s face lit up and said “Yes please!”

We walked to the desk and I bought her it.

Natalie had such an attachment to her soft toys. On the way back in the taxi we discussed what we should call it. 

“Holly!” Natalie said. “Because it’s nearly Christmas.” Natalie hugged it some more.

 “That’s so nice.” Julia smiled.

“Let's get in and I will make us hot chocolates and watch some Christmas movies” I said smiling. 

   We arrived in the car park and I paid the taxi driver. Natalie was so excited she ran up the path carrying Holly. She got to the front door.

“Natalie, hold on! I have the keys here!” I called up to her. Julia and I walked through the gate but Natalie carried on as I held the keys out expecting her to get them from me.

Natalie walked into the house. It was open.

Julia froze on the doorstep. 

“Mum I saw you lock that!” She gasped.

“Natalie come out here now!” I shouted and Natalie came out and stood next to Julia on the doorstep. 

  “Girls stand a bit further down the path. Someone’s opened this door and I need to investigate.” I kept my bag on me that had my mobile. If anything happened I needed my mobile to call the police.

    I stood in the hallway. Nothing had been moved out of place. I slowly walked into the lounge. Then the kitchen. I went back to the front door. 

“Julia I’m going to go upstairs. I need you to text dad and explain what’s happened.”

   I didn’t want to take the stairlift as it was noisy. I didn’t want to alert anyone who was in. I held my door keys between my fingers. I held into the bannister and climbed the stairs slowly. I looked into the bathroom that was on top the stairs. I walked into the girls room, my room and the box room. Nothing was out of place and there was nobody there. It reminded me of when I had to go into the garage to find out what was throwing things when I was a teenager.

    I walked downstairs and told the girls it was safe to enter. I hand my hand on the door and stood against the wall as my daughters passed. I closed the door and the handle wouldn’t close.

“What the-“ I said looking at the door. The handle wouldn’t go down as the lock was on! My heart pounded and I felt lightheaded. 

“How is that even possible mum?” Julia asked.

“Honestly, I have no idea. Natalie walked straight into the house. You saw me lock it when we left. It’s now locked without me having a key in it.” 

 We went to sit in the lounge. I tried to calm myself and talk about what we would watch on television. 

“Muppets Christmas Carol.” Natalie said.

“Okay. You got get your onesies on and I will make is hot chocolates.

The girls got ready into matching onesies and I made them hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream. 

   Natalie sat on the floor playing with Holly, and Gordon messaged me asking if everything was okay. I told him it was and I took some photographs to send to him on my mobile of Natalie playing with her new toy. Only I captured something very strange. 

I sent this photograph to Gordon at work. 

What’s that? Gordon replied. 

I don’t know! I typed.

Julia had an idea of putting a filter on it to see if it would reveal if it was clear or solid. So I put a filter on it. The object remained solid. 

      I had no explanation for it. The next day we had Gordon’s mum over for dinner. We sat in the dining room and were enjoying our meal when there was a massive crash from upstairs. We looked at one another. Julia got up and walked to take a look as it was coming from the box room. The popcorn maker had flown off the shelf onto the floor. 

We'd had things occasionally fly off the tops of wardrobes and shelves giving us a fright, but we couldn’t explain it and would pick things up and carry on. Once Gordon took his mum home I settled into bed and looked out to the hallway. A circle of light flew passed my bedroom door! I didn’t believe in orbs. What was that? The cat then chased it  as it flew by my door again. The cat Gizmo hissed at it.  Once Gordon was home from dropping his mum off, he settled into bed. 

I pulled the covers up as I turned to switch the light off when I froze. 

   The glowing circle which was yellow and white was on my chest. 

“Gordon what the hell is that.” 

Gordon looked at me and saw the orb of light on me.

“What is that?” Gordon looked above me to see if something could project the light. 

“Get your mobile and take a photo” I asked him. 

As soon as I said that the orb vanished. 

I was so annoyed. I didn’t believe in orbs but now I have seen them for myself and I didn’t appreciate it being on me! I turned the light off and we drifted off to sleep. The TV turned itself on at some crazy hour. 2 or 3 am. It was loud. We woke up with a start and I tried to find the SKY remote. It was on the floor. The bed was high up and I tried many times after that incident to turn the tv on and the Sky box from the floor. It’s impossible. The signal couldn’t get to the appliances. Gordon tried to explain it but couldn’t. 

Another night the phone rang next to our bed in the early hours. It kept calling between 2am and 3 am. We had the phone next to the bed so if there was an issue with Gordon's mum we could be contacted. It was always static on the phone. I got so annoyed I unplugged it.

     One day I was in the lounge by myself while people were out. The wooden doors separating the lounge and dining room were half closed. 

BANG 

I jumped and looked up. Gizmo walked passed and stopped walking and looked at me. He walked into the hallway to go upstairs. I got up to see what he knocked off and when I stood in the kitchen looking at the shelf I froze. Gizmo was outside looking at me through the window. This isn’t possible. If that is Gizmo, then what just made a loud bang in here? I saw him walk past. Which was the real Gizmo? I was brave enough to go upstairs. I opened the back door and Gizmo calmly walked in and stopped. I thought I do wish I could feel his fur then I'd know he was real. I made a fuss of him and he looked up at me. He was real. We started seeing two Gizmos around the home. I was taking the stairlift down when Gizmo was walking up. I stopped the stairlift and stroked him and then continued downstairs, When I got to the bottom, I walked into the kitchen where Gordon was doing the dishes. 

"I let Gizmo outside. He kept meowing at me," 

"No you didn't! I just stroked him as I was coming downstairs." I said. We looked concerned as to who the real Gizmo passed. This happened numerous times for many months.

                                                                         Gizmo 

I told my family later that day how odd it was. That night in bed I started to worry that activity was happening every day - not taking a break. I fell asleep when later that night my neck jerked, waking me up. I put my hand on my neck rubbing it to ease the pain, and then put my hand up to bring my pillow down to support it. It wasn’t there. My pillow was gone.

   I cuddled into Gordon waking him up. 

“What’s happening?” He asked sleepily.

“Something took my pillow.”

“Well go and get it.” He laughed

“It’s not funny, I’m scared.”

“A monster stole your pillow.” He was laughing finding it amusing. He switched his lamp on and walked to the bottom of the bed. He picked the pillow up telling me it was odd it was down there.

     The next day Gordon was at work and the girls were out. I took a shower and got changed. As I left the bedroom I froze. The loft was open. The hatch has to be lifted up and pushed to one side. Something moved it while I was getting changed. 

  The loft hatch circled was opened and something pushed it up. 

     Things were making me really uneasy as the incidents happened every day. I didn’t want it or like it. I just wanted peace. I wanted to worry about normal things other people worry about. There wasn’t a number to phone if odd things happened. I walked into the kitchen and froze. The magnetic cross I got for the fridge was upside down. 


                                                  The cross on our fridge

Gordon was leaning over the counter 

“Did you do this?” I asked looking at the fridge.

“No. I assumed it was the kids messing around.”

“This isn’t funny!” I took a photo and sent it to my daughters mobiles to ask if they did it. I turned it the right way up. The activity in the house wasn’t a joke to me. None of it was. 

I decided to email the church again and say I wanted to join. I didn’t tell them the crazy things that happened. My girls wanted to join the church too. They held classes during the week and a kind man called George would pick us up. He taught the classes. We emailed back and forth to start with confirming dates it would suit us to start classes. George told me when he arrived that the email I sent was blank. He was puzzled. It made me wonder if the email I'd sent in the last house had the same thing happen? Classes began and it wasn’t what I expected. I thought it would be restrictive and dull. It was far from it! They were very funny and light-hearted. I assumed they wouldn’t celebrate Halloween but they did and their children dressed up to guise. My girls were baptised and we were welcomed. 

      The photograph I took of Natalie troubled me still. I sent it to various photographers online to see if they could explain it. They couldn’t. Take A Break & Fortune magazine had a segment where you can send in photos for them to solve them. I emailed the photograph and a lovely lady said they want to run a story on it and the lights. I tried to tell her how this had happened since I was a child, but they wanted to take it from the Orb angle. I didn’t mind. It was nice to see someone interested in my story. They phoned me and I spoke to a reporter. (Unsure of what the writer is called) I needed to send more photos which I did. My girls wanted to be in them and I warned them once their photos were used it will be there always. They agreed and said both said it’s their life and people should know what was happening. 

    My girls and I watched Slapped Ham videos on YouTube. My girls said I should send the photos of Natalie and tell him the story. Kallen emailed me back and found it extraordinary and wanted to put it in his video. 

   My dad visited one day with his girlfriend shortly after this happened. It was a sunny day in March and they were sitting on my decking outside, while I chopped celery and cucumber and put breadsticks on a platter with lemon hummus. We sat outside with drinks. 

  “Dad, I need to tell you something. I’ve had strange things happen to me since I was younger. I took a photo and sent it to a magazine and they want to run a story on it.”

 My dad went silent and looked at the table. I explained about everything that happened and in the home we lived in before I moved to Edinburgh. I told him how the passageway had everything thrown out the cupboards and shelves.

“My sisters drinking glasses were in one of those boxes. I always wondered what happened to them.” 

I felt sad. The box that tinkled as I put it back on the shelf was from his sister who passed away. 

 “I just don’t understand why all of this only happens to me - and now my own family. Now I’m older.” I felt relief that for the first time my dad and I spoke about it.

 I remember I asked my father that I  don’t understand why all of this only happens to me - and now my own family. I felt such relief that for the first time my dad and I spoke about it. 

But what he said back to me shook me, his words were unexpected and I’ve never made sense of them. 

 “Do you remember what your mum did to you in Somerset?” he said. 

The words were scary but I deserved to finally know the truth. I have no recollection of anything she did in Somerset, I had no idea what any of this means. Was the spell book in my dads study hers? I’ll never know. 

  I think my dads girlfriend told him to stop talking. In many ways that moment I had with my dad was stopped in its tracks. I deserved answers but it seemed I’d never get them. There were other things that came to mind after this episode  Like the time he told me something I’ve never quite understood. ‘The female of the species is deadlier than the male.’ he had said. I never found out what that meant, or to whom it was relating. The conversation was changed, and we parted ways. I’ll never know what it meant or what any of this was.

My family moved home since and I cut ties with blood relatives. It felt safer to do so. I need honest people in my life. 
                            Take A Break Fate And Fortune 2019 

  Nothing has happened here in our new home that causes alarm. I have spoken to a priest from our church and he was very respectful and asked about the photograph of Natalie. He blessed our home and I took communion. Finally we have peace. It's been years since we had any issues. In January this year, I wrote to His Holiness Pope Francis to explain my story to him. I got a reply which means a lot.


Julia; I’ve always grown up experiencing weird things happening around the house; and every time it was unexplainable. You couldn’t ever explain anything without it sounding far fetched. I do remember when I was younger the odd things, but I remember the boy and girl I’d speak to very well. I’m not sure why these things were happening to us, but I always wonder why they did!

Epilogue: 

 In the Glasgow science museum at the top floor, there is a mind game. You place the band around your head like a halo and face the person the opposite side of the table. You concentrate on the ball in the middle and you can move the ball! I played it with my family. Natalie pushed the ball back with her mind but I pushed stronger. I won the game. Can this be telekinesis? A very heavy book flying across the room stunning the man who punched me so hard, I fell backwards? I wasn’t even thinking of the book. The book certainly wasn’t magnetic and I wasn’t using a magnet on my forehead to move it. 

    My effect on electrical things that spooked my last employer and the I.T people. Baffles my husband, who finds it funny and labels me ‘unique.’ I’ve been called a ‘witch’ by people, so I’m thankful the world has moved on from doing dreadful things to alleged witches. Trust me- if I had powers I’d use them to buy a new car first and foremost. I wouldn’t be doing strange things with computers. They just happen. No explanation. Bulbs have blown if I’m angry and I switch a light on. Pretty sure science could explain that. 

Whatever your thoughts, I thank you for taking the time to read my blog posts. 

There are many roads that lead to the same destination. Time never stops so I can only keeping moving forward, glad of the peace and love I have now. The battle of God and the Devil depends on the PR team they are given. You don’t experience this much activity without it changing the way you look and think about life around you.  

I would like to thank my friends who are published authors, in guiding me to write about my experiences. It hasn't been easy and your belief in me is invaluable and I'm grateful. Thank you.

Slapped ham with my story second from the endhttps://youtu.be/TUTr8vtUV50


Ed and Lorraine warrens channel: https://youtube.com/c/OfficialEdandLorraineWarrenChannel


My Saint, Padre Pio who was a mystic: https://youtube.com/c/FollowingPadrePio





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Haunting Memoir: Part one

 My story starts when I was a young child. I was born in Scotland but moved down to Somerset as a child. I loved it so much. I loved the flowers and the conkers I’d collect on the way to school. I remember all the frogs in my garden and how I'd name them. I moved twice down in England. The houses were always large and I’d get the rooms mixed up, trying to remember where to turn to find my bedroom. I would visit London where my relatives stayed. I loved the vibe of London. One visit to my Nans, we walked down to Church Street market and seeing so many interesting people. The one man with dreadlocks holding a large ghetto blaster on his shoulder playing Bob Marley passed me. I couldn’t get enough of the place. One stall had toys on it. I bought some wooden blocks and a handheld electronic mini piano. They were perfect mementos to remember my visit. When we returned to Scotland I unpacked and placed my electronic piano on my bedside table. It had colours on the notes and London Bridge

L’Oréal Revitalift

L’Oréal are an established company that have delivered quality beauty products for over a century . L’Oréal is a brand I can trust. I worked with L’Oréal by trying the Revitalift range of products over six months. This range offers more than the skincare I was using. I invite you to read more about Revitalift and my journey with this range. ~ Collette.      Revitalift is a range of products I had seen advertised and heard amazing feedback from others. I was thrilled when L’Oréal invited me to try these products over the lockdown months. I am in my 40’s and I struggled to find skincare that is effective. Lockdown has taken it’s toll on my skin. I have new wrinkles from tears and frustration like a lot of people. Firstly I tried their Revitalift Laser Renewal moisturiser. This was lovely and light on the skin. This moisturiser is the first moisturiser I used. It has a subtle colour to it that leaves a gorgeous glow on the skin. Revitalift Laser Renew is light on the skin. It gives skin a

Beauty Ties creator: Collette

  Hello BeauTies, I have always loved art from an early age. Taking photographs and drawing or painting. I have designed two wedding dresses for friends who got them made up. I've adored beauty products since I had my Victoria Plum nail polish and lip balm from Avon as a child. I love beauty products and how they make me feel. The colours and scents. I get so much joy from trying new products and photographing them. I skipped the afternoon one day at school and ended up in a movie. That was unexpected and it fuelled my passion for creativity and how things are made. It was an experience I will never forget. My name was taken by someone in the crew to go in the credits but when I saw the movie I was not on the credits, sadly. I will never forget the joy I got from being in it. Long days from early mornings and late finishes. The photo from the press shoot hangs in my hallway. Julia urged me to hang it up rather than feel ashamed of it. So it’s hanging up in my home for the first tim